The Blended Learning Coffee Club started in October 2014. It is an informal meeting open to all GCU staff to discuss and share approaches to digital, blended learning and using technology in learning and teaching generally. It meets once a month.
Great discussions, informal environment and a free coffee. What’s not to like?
We also have an open site which provides more information ideas, and cases studies.
NB if you are a GCU member of staff your GCU log-in details will not work, you will need to create a new user name and password or log-in using an existing google/facebook/linkedin account.
Next meeting: tbc
Thursday 25th February, 12.45, H116, Allan Thomson on using Google Hangouts for web conferencing
10 December : Edushare and Unconscious Bias
10 November: Using Lynda.com in learning and teaching
2nd October – To rubric or not to rubric?
Catch up on our September week of drop in sessions:
- Monday 24th – Beyond Content
- Tuesday 25th – A seasoned practitioners use of TurnitinUK
- Wednesday 26th – Quickmarks, comments, feedback and feedforward
- Thursday 27th – Rubrics: the good, the bad and the genius column
- Friday 28th – Should you use twitter or any other social media for learning and teaching?